Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei (March 9, 2020)
Location: Brunei, countrywide
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 80,000 reported cases worldwide.
The government of Brunei Darussalam has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Ministry of Health for additional information on these new measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Brunei Darussalam.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- U.S. Embassy Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Phone: +673-238–4616 ext. 2100 Email: ConsularBrunei@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Brunei Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter