Message for U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei (June 15, 2020)
Event: Resumption of Routine Passport and Citizenship Services
U.S. Embassy Bandar Seri Begawan has resumed routine passport and citizenship services effective June 15. U.S. citizens can once again obtain Consular Reports of Birth Abroad and full-validity passports by applying at the Embassy. These services are available by appointment only. Processing times may be delayed as printing facilities in the United States move toward full operations.
If you previously received a limited-validity emergency passport, you may exchange it for a full-validity passport at no cost by submitting a completed form DS-5504 within one year of the issuance of your emergency passport. Make an online appointment here to submit the completed DS-5504 along with the original emergency passport, the letter issued by the Embassy along with the emergency passport, and a passport photo that conforms to the passport photo criteria.
Do you know any U.S. citizens in Brunei who did not receive this message? If so, please encourage them to enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive information and alerts from the Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Brunei.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei
Simpang 336-52-16-9, Jalan Duta
Bandar Seri Begawan BC 4115
Phone: +673-238–4616 ext. 2100
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Brunei Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter