If you believe transmission requirements have been met, please schedule an appointment here. The day of the appointment you must submit originals and copies of the following:
- Evidence of Parents’ Citizenship and Identity (3 copies): A current passport is the preferred form of proof.
- Child’s Birth certificate (3 copies)
- Evidence of parents’ marriage, if applicable (1 copy)
- Evidence of termination of all prior marriages of parents, if applicable (1 copy): divorce decree(s) or death certificate(s)
- English translation: All supporting documents in a foreign language must be translated into English
- Completed application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad: Form DS-2029 (PDF 61 KB)
- Completed application for a U.S. passport: Form DS-11
- One U.S. passport-sized photo: 2″ x 2″ with white background showing the child’s full face with the eyes open. If the child is being held up in front of a camera, please ensure that no part of the child’s head or face is obstructed.
- Social Security Card Application: Form SS-5 (PDF 132 KB)
There is a US$100 fee for the Consular Report of Birth Abroad, and a US$115 fee for the passport application for a total of US$215.
This Embassy accepts major credit cards for all U.S. citizen services. We also accept currency from Brunei, Singapore, or the United States. In response to a local bank policy, we cannot accept USD older than the year 2000, or bills that are ripped or damaged.