Step 1. Schedule an Appointment
- There is no walk-in service for U.S. citizens who require a routine service related to passport, citizenship, or birth registration. To ensure quality service and brief wait times, please schedule a separate appointment for each person requiring a service. Routine appointments are available on Wednesdays at 10 am only, except on Embassy’s official holidays. Click here to book an appointment.
Step 2. Complete the Application Form Using Passport Application System or By Downloading the DS-11 (PDF 140KB)
- Do not sign Form DS-11 until requested to do so by the Consular Officer.
Step 3. Complete an Affidavit
- The affidavit (PDF 8.99KB) should explain, under penalty of perjury, the circumstances under which the damage occurred. A blank affidavit form may be obtained at this office. Do not sign the affidavit as you will be asked to take an oath and sign in the presence of the Consular Officer.
Step 4. Submit Forms and the Following Additional Documents in Person:
- The Damaged Passport: Original and one copy
- U.S. Passport Photo: One (1) passport photo that meet the requirements
Step 5. Pay Applicable Passport Fees
- For applicants age 16 or over: USD $165.00 or BND $231.00 equivalent
- For applicants under age 16: USD $135.00 or BND $189.00 equivalent
This Embassy accepts major credit cards for all U.S. citizen services. We also accept currency from Brunei, Singapore, or the United States. In response to a local bank policy, we cannot accept USD older than the year 2000, or bills that are ripped or damaged.