The average visa turnaround in Bandar Seri Begawan is estimated at 7 business days following approval but may be longer depending on individual application. We are unable to guarantee the issuance of visas before a fixed travel date.
Step 1. Complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application
- Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 – Learn more about completing the DS-160. You must: 1) complete the online visa application for each and every traveler, and 2) print the application form confirmation page to bring to your interview.
- Photo –You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. Your photo must be in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
Step 2. Schedule an Appointment
- There is no walk-in service for visa applications. Routine appointments are available on Wednesdays at 8 am and 9 am only, except on Embassy’s official holidays. Click here to book an appointment.
Step 3. Gather and Prepare the Following Required Documentation Before Your Visa Interview
- Passport valid for travel to the United States – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements). Each individual who needs a visa must submit a separate application, including any family members listed in your passport
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application, DS-160 confirmation page
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
- Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Form I-129, or Notice of Action, Form I-797, from USCIS.
- L Visa Applicants – If you are included in an L blanket petition, you must bring Form I-129S, Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition, to your interview.
Step 4. Pay the Nonrefundable Visa Application Processing Fee
- Pay the nonrefundable USD $205.00 or BND $287.00 equivalent visa application processing fee at the Embassy before your interview. We accept currency from Brunei, Singapore, or the United States. In response to a local bank policy, we cannot accept USD older than the year 2000, or bills that are ripped or damaged.
- If your visa is approved, you may also pay a visa issuance fee, if applicable to your nationality. See the Visa Reciprocity Tables to find out the visa issuance amount.
- L visa applicants included in a L blanket petition: You must also pay the USD $500.00 or BND $700.00 equivalent Fraud Prevention and Detection fee and may need to pay the USD $4,500.00 or BND $6,300.00 equivalent Border Security Act fee.
Step 5. Attend Your Visa Interview
- During your visa interview, a consular officer will determine whether you are qualified to receive a visa, and if so, which visa category is appropriate based on your purpose of travel. You will need to establish that you meet the requirements under U.S. law to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.
- Ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken as part of your application process.They are usually taken during your interview, but this varies based on location.